Three days ago, my LG 40V THINQ stopped making Phone Calls and the Calls coming into my Cell Phone were transferred straight to VOICEMAIL. And I could Not Hear anything at all. Nothing even with the SPEAKER turned ON when making a Call.
I tried every Phone FIX on the Internet and None worked. “SAFE MODE” did NOT fix it either.
So, this Morning, I spent Two Hours with Verizon Support to FIX this Issue.
And what was the FIX? On your LG 40V40V THINQ-
- GO TO SETTINGS.
- GO TO APPS and NOTIFICATIONS…
- Click on APP Info
- Scroll down to GOOGLE( the “Google” all by itself because there are several Google Apps.)
- CLICK ON “OPEN”. It will Open.
- At the Top Right of your Screen, Click on THE THREE DOTS. “Three Dots” on Top of each other. (I looked at this a 2nd Time and it Opened straight to Google on the Internet and three dots were no longer available)
- UNINSTALL THE LATEST GOOGLE UPDATES.
I Did the Above as Instructed by the Tech and My Phone began Working Again!
Google’s Largest Update has STOPPED My CELL Phone from working correctly. I still had Internet.
Verizon SUPPORT said his Network of Techs were discussing this very Issue and he said that LG 40 Cell Phones were being affected by the latest GOOGLE UPDATE. So far, it was ONLY affecting this “40” Model of the LG Cell Phones and not others.
HOPEFULLY, this will Fix Yours too. It fixed mine. But it was GOOGLE and Not My Provider. I use VERIZON